Introdução à Programação (B) (2017/2018)
Artur Miguel Dias
General information for Erasmus students
IP-B is taught in Portuguese and almost all the documentation is in Portuguese. However, with some effort, it is possible to take the course, even if you not speak any Portuguese.
Here is some information and some recommendations:
- There will be English versions of the tests, like these ones from a previous year: 1.pdf, 2.pdf.
- There will an English version of the project, like this one from a previous year: proj2015.html.
- During the office hours (horários de dúvidas), you can dialog in English with any of the three teachers.
- You can use these automatically translations of the IP-B site - English, French, Turkish, Polish, Japanese - to get the gist of the lectures, and then try to find the same subjects in the bibliography page of IP-B. IMPORTANT: To be able to navigate inside the translated IP-B site, you need to click once more in the blue search button at the middle of the top of the translated page.
- There is no point in going to the lectures (aulas teóricas) because of the Portuguese language. But you should attend the lab classes (aulas práticas) and try to solve the problems with some help of the teacher. In case you share the same desk with a Portuguese student, this should be fun for both.
- Here is some information about IP-B in English:
info (slow page).
- The web page of IP-B: here.