Linguagens e Ambientes de Programação (2016/2017)
Artur Miguel Dias
General information for Erasmus students
LAP is taught in Portuguese and almost all the documentation is in Portuguese. However, with some effort, it is possible to take the course, even if you not speak any Portuguese.
Here is some information and some recommendations:
- There will be English versions of the tests, like these: 1.pdf, 2.pdf.
- The projects are already in English for all the students, like these/2015: proj2015-1.html, proj2015-2.html, proj2015-3.html.
- During the office hours (horários de dúvidas), you can dialog in English with any of the three teachers.
- You can use an automatically translations of the LAP site - English, French, Polish, Japanese - to get the gist of the lectures, and then try to find the same subjects in the bibliography page of LAP. IMPORTANT: To be able to navigate inside the translated LAP site, you need further to click once the blue search button at the middle of the top of the translated page.
- There is no point in going to the lectures (aulas teóricas) because of the Portuguese language. But you should attend the lab classes (aulas práticas) and try to solve the problems with some help of the teacher. In case you share the same desk with a Portuguese student, this should be fun for both.
- Here is some information about LAP in English:
info (slow page).
- The web page of LAP: here.